Blackberry Almond Cobbler
Use the darkest, juiciest blackberries you can find to make this gluten-free cobbler. The cornstarch mixed into the fresh fruit acts as a thickener, preventing the filling from becoming too runny.
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- 2.3 ounces brown rice flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1.8 ounces almond meal flour (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups vanilla light ice cream
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
To prepare filling, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Pour mixture into an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
To prepare topping, weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add egg, stirring to combine. Add butter, stirring just until moist.
Drop batter by teaspoonfuls onto blackberry mixture. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes. Serve with ice cream.